Terms and Conditions
Our Return and Exchange Policy
Unfortunately, we do not take returns on any blueprint purchases. However, Residential Design Services offers a 90-day exchange policy to ensure your satisfaction with your blueprint order. We will exchange your entire first order for another blueprint package of equal or greater value in our plan collection, excluding PDF and CAD package orders, within 90 days of the original order. Your original order must be returned complete with all sets of blueprints, material list and other additional items in good condition (clean and unused) before an exchange is processed. This includes all items purchased with the initial order and any additional items purchased as an upgrade to your blueprint package. Please call our customer service department at 1-314-434-1524 for authorization for return and shipping instructions. We cannot honor your exchange if the returned blueprints look used, redlined, or copied. Upon exchanging your plans, you will be charged 25 percent of the original price of the plan. Your credit card will be credited the remaining 75 percent of the original plan price. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. When the credit transaction has been completed, we will process your order for the new plan at full price plus shipping. PDF and CAD packages are not exchangeable or refundable because they are emailed and can be copied.
Some cities and states require an architect or engineer licensed in the state where you plan to build to review and “seal” a blueprint before a building permit is issued and construction begins. It is important that you consult with your local building department to see if such a review is required, before applying for building permits. Our plans do not come with an architectural seal. You may need to engage a local architect or engineer to have your plans reviewed and sealed locally.
Each of our blueprints were designed and drawn to meet or exceed the requirements of a nationally recognized model building code in effect at the time and place of creation. In most cases, plans designed after the year 2003 conform to the 2018 International Residential Building Code (IRC). The IRC is comprised of portions of the three major codes below. Plans drawn before 2003 conform to one of the three recognized building codes in effect at that time: Building Officials and Code Administration (BOCA) International, Inc.; the Southern Building Code Congress International, (SBCCI) Inc.; the International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO); or the Council of American Building Officials (CABO).
Due to varied geography and climate throughout the United States and Canada, each state, city, county, and local municipality has its own building codes and regulations. It may be necessary to modify your blueprints to meet local requirements and building codes. Additionally, you may also need to obtain permits and inspections from your local building department before and during construction. We authorize the use of the blueprints on the expressed condition that you consult with a local licensed architect or engineer prior to beginning construction and strictly comply with all local building codes, zoning requirements, and other applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, and requirements.
These designs are protected under the terms of the United States Copyright Law and may not be copied or reproduced in any way or by any means unless you have purchased a PDF file or CAD file and obtained the accompanying license. This license or copyright release allows you to legally modify, copy or reproduce the blueprint for construction purposes. We authorize use of the blueprint to construct only ONE (1) home, garage, or other building. You must purchase another blueprint or blueprints or pay additional design fees to build a second dwelling or multiple dwellings. Multi-use fees vary by designer – please call for a quote.
Each designer has put great care and effort into the creation of their blueprints. However, because of the great variance in local building requirements, building practices, and weather, soil, seismic and other conditions, and since we cannot provide on-site consultation, supervision and control over actual construction, Residential Design Services, Inc. assumes no responsibility for any damages, including structural failures, due to any deficiencies, omissions, or errors in these plans. We make no warranty of any kind, express or implied, with respect to content or use of the blueprints, including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. Items, prices, terms, and condition are subject to change without notice.